Zip Code for Lake Charles, Louisiana
The zip code for Lake Charles, Louisiana is 70601.
|70601, louisiana, lake charles, zip code, zip code lookup
|To find out the zip code of Lake Charles, Louisiana
|2 columns and 5 rows
The population of Lake Charles, Louisiana is 71,993 as of the 2020 census. The racial makeup of the city is 54.6% White, 38.9% Black or African American, 1.1% American Indian, 0.9% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, 3.2% from other races, and 1.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12.5% of the population.
The median household income in Lake Charles, Louisiana is $46,829. The per capita income for the city is $23,455.
The poverty rate in Lake Charles, Louisiana is 26.2%.
The Lake Charles area is home to a number of public and private schools, including colleges and universities. Some of the most notable schools in the area include:
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Southwestern Louisiana University
- Louisiana State University-Eunice
- Southeast Louisiana University-Lake Charles
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana
The Lake Charles area also has a number of public schools, including elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools. These schools are part of the Calcasieu Parish School District.
The crime rate in Lake Charles is higher than the national average. In 2020, the city had a violent crime rate of 5.8 per 1,000 residents, compared to the national average of 4.5 per 1,000. The property crime rate was also higher than the national average, at 27.1 per 1,000 residents compared to 22.7 per 1,000.
Some of the most common crimes in Lake Charles include burglaries, thefts, and assaults. The city has a high rate of drug-related crime, and it is also home to a number of gangs.
The police department in Lake Charles is working to reduce crime rates. The department has implemented a number of programs, including increased patrols, community outreach, and crime prevention education.
Despite the high crime rates, Lake Charles is still a safe city. The vast majority of residents will never experience any crime. However, it is important to be aware of the risks and take precautions to protect yourself and your property.
V. Cost of Living
The cost of living in Lake Charles is slightly above average for the United States. The median home price is $200,000, and the median rent is $1,100 per month. Groceries cost about the same as the national average, and utilities are slightly higher. The cost of transportation is also slightly higher, due to the city’s location in a rural area.
Overall, the cost of living in Lake Charles is about 10% higher than the national average. However, the city offers a high quality of life, with a strong economy and a variety of amenities.
Lake Charles is served by a number of major highways, including Interstate 10, U.S. Highway 90, and U.S. Highway 190. The city is also served by a number of airports, including the Lake Charles Regional Airport and the South Louisiana Regional Airport.
The city has a public transportation system called the Lake Charles Area Transit System (LCAT). LCAT offers bus service throughout the city, as well as to nearby cities such as Sulphur and Westlake.
Lake Charles is also home to a number of taxi companies and ride-sharing services.
VII. Things to Do
There are many things to do in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Here are a few of the most popular attractions:
- The Lake Charles Civic Center is home to a variety of events, including concerts, plays, and sporting events.
- The Imperial Calcasieu Museum and Gardens is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the area.
- The Mardi Gras Museum of Imperial Calcasieu is a must-see for anyone interested in Mardi Gras.
- The Children’s Museum of Lake Charles is a fun and educational place for kids of all ages.
- The Lake Charles Aquarium is home to a variety of marine life, including sharks, rays, and jellyfish.
- The Lake Charles Memorial Civic Center is a large multi-purpose arena that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sporting events, and trade shows.
- The Lake Charles City Park is a beautiful park with a variety of amenities, including a playground, a swimming pool, and a walking trail.
- The Lake Charles Historic District is home to a variety of historic buildings, including the Lake Charles Courthouse and the Lake Charles Carnegie Library.
Lake Charles is located in southwestern Louisiana, approximately 100 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. The city is surrounded by several smaller communities, including Westlake, Sulphur, and Moss Bluff. These cities offer a variety of amenities and services to residents of Lake Charles, including shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Here is a list of some of the nearby cities to Lake Charles:
- Moss Bluff
- Lake Arthur
- Port Arthur
Lake Charles is a beautiful city in Louisiana with a lot to offer visitors and residents alike. The city has a rich history, a vibrant culture, and a strong economy. The cost of living is relatively low, and the crime rate is below average. There are plenty of things to do in Lake Charles, including visiting museums, shopping, dining, and enjoying the outdoors. The city is also home to a number of educational institutions, making it a great place to raise a family. If you’re looking for a place to live that offers a great quality of life, Lake Charles is a great option.
What is the zip code for Lake Charles, Louisiana?
The zip code for Lake Charles, Louisiana is 70601.
What are the other cities in the 70601 zip code?
Other cities in the 70601 zip code include Westlake, Sulphur, and Moss Bluff.
What is the population of the 70601 zip code?
The population of the 70601 zip code is approximately 140,000 people.