Deltaville is a town in Northumberland County, Virginia, United States. It is located on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, approximately 40 miles southeast of Richmond. The town has a population of approximately 2,000 people.
Deltaville was founded in 1883 as a shipping port for the Chesapeake Bay. The town’s economy is based on tourism, fishing, and agriculture.
There are a number of things to do in Deltaville, including visiting the Deltaville Maritime Museum, fishing in the Chesapeake Bay, and hiking in the surrounding area.
Nearby cities to Deltaville include Richmond, Norfolk, and Portsmouth.
To get to Deltaville, you can take Interstate 95 or U.S. Route 13.
|A town in Northumberland County, Virginia, United States.
|History of Deltaville, VA
|The town was founded in 1884 as a port on the Chesapeake Bay.
|Demographics of Deltaville, VA
|The population of Deltaville was 886 at the 2010 census.
|Real estate market in Deltaville, VA
|The median home price in Deltaville was $240,000 in 2022.
II. History of Deltaville, VA
Deltaville, Virginia is a town located on the Chesapeake Bay in Northumberland County. The town was founded in 1884 and was originally named “Delta.” The town’s name was changed to “Deltaville” in 1900.
Deltaville was a major port during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The town was home to a large number of shipyards and was a major center for the shipbuilding industry.
In the late 20th century, the shipbuilding industry in Deltaville declined and the town’s population began to decline. However, in recent years, Deltaville has seen a resurgence in tourism and has become a popular destination for boaters and fishermen.
Today, Deltaville is a small town with a population of approximately 1,000 people. The town is home to a number of businesses, including restaurants, shops, and hotels. Deltaville is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Deltaville Maritime Museum and the Deltaville Historic District.
III. Demographics of Deltaville, VA
Deltaville is a town in Northumberland County, Virginia, United States. The population was 2,100 at the 2010 census.
The town is located on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, approximately 10 miles (16 km) south of the independent city of Richmond.
Deltaville is home to a variety of businesses, including a shipyard, a marina, and a number of shops and restaurants.
The town is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Deltaville Museum and the Deltaville Maritime Museum.
Deltaville is a popular tourist destination, with visitors drawn to the town’s scenic location and its many historical attractions.
IV. Real estate market in Deltaville, VA
The real estate market in Deltaville, VA is hot, with prices rising steadily over the past few years. The median home price in Deltaville is currently $350,000, up from $250,000 just five years ago. This is due to a number of factors, including the town’s proximity to the Chesapeake Bay, its growing population, and its strong economy.
If you’re looking to buy a home in Deltaville, you should be prepared to compete with other buyers. Homes often sell for above asking price, and it’s not uncommon for bidding wars to break out. However, if you’re willing to put in the work, you can find a great home in Deltaville.
Here are some tips for buying a home in Deltaville:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start looking for a home. This will show sellers that you’re serious about buying and will give you an advantage over other buyers.
- Be prepared to make an offer quickly. Homes in Deltaville often sell within days of being listed, so it’s important to be prepared to make an offer as soon as you find a home you like.
- Be realistic about your budget. The median home price in Deltaville is $350,000, so you’ll need to have a budget of at least that much if you want to buy a home in the area.
- Work with a real estate agent who knows the Deltaville market. A good real estate agent can help you find the right home for your budget and can also negotiate a fair price for you.
If you’re thinking about selling your home in Deltaville, you’re in luck. The real estate market is hot, and you’re likely to get a good price for your home. Here are some tips for selling your home in Deltaville:
- Get your home ready for sale. This includes decluttering, cleaning, and making repairs.
- Set a realistic price for your home. You don’t want to price your home too high, or it will sit on the market for too long.
- Hire a real estate agent who knows the Deltaville market. A good real estate agent can help you market your home and get the best possible price.
If you’re thinking about buying or selling a home in Deltaville, VA, be sure to contact a real estate agent who can help you navigate the market.
V. Top real estate agents in Deltaville, VA
Here is a list of the top real estate agents in Deltaville, VA:
These agents are experienced and knowledgeable about the local real estate market. They can help you find the perfect home for your needs and budget.
VI. Things to do in Deltaville, VA
There are many things to do in Deltaville, VA. Here are a few of the most popular activities:
- Visit the Deltaville Maritime Museum. This museum tells the story of the town’s maritime history, from its early days as a whaling port to its current role as a center for commercial fishing.
- Take a boat tour of the Chesapeake Bay. There are many different companies that offer boat tours of the bay, so you can choose one that fits your interests and budget.
- Go for a hike or bike ride on the Chesapeake Bay Trail. This trail runs along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, and it offers stunning views of the water and the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Deltaville Farmers Market. This market is held every Saturday morning, and it features a variety of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and other local goods.
- Enjoy a meal at one of Deltaville’s many restaurants. The town has a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, so you’re sure to find something to your taste.
VII. Nearby cities to Deltaville, VA
Deltaville is located in Northumberland County, Virginia. The following are some of the nearby cities:
Moving to Deltaville, VA
Moving to Deltaville, VA can be a great decision for those who are looking for a small town with a strong sense of community. The town is located on the Chesapeake Bay and offers a variety of activities and amenities, including boating, fishing, hiking, and biking. The cost of living in Deltaville is also relatively low, making it a more affordable option for many people.
If you are considering moving to Deltaville, VA, there are a few things you should know. First, the town is relatively small, with a population of just over 2,000 people. This means that there may not be as many amenities as you would find in a larger city. However, the small-town atmosphere is what many people love about Deltaville.
Second, the cost of living in Deltaville is relatively low. The median home price is around $200,000, and the median rent is around $1,000 per month. This makes Deltaville a more affordable option for many people.
Third, Deltaville is located on the Chesapeake Bay, which offers a variety of recreational activities. There are several public boat ramps and docks, as well as plenty of opportunities for fishing, swimming, and boating. The town is also home to several parks and trails, which are great for hiking, biking, and walking.
If you are looking for a small town with a strong sense of community and plenty of recreational activities, Deltaville, VA may be the perfect place for you.IX. Cost of living in Deltaville, VA
The cost of living in Deltaville, VA is slightly higher than the national average. The median home price is $250,000, which is higher than the national median of $200,000. The median rent is $1,200, which is also higher than the national median of $1,000.
Groceries are slightly more expensive in Deltaville than the national average. A gallon of milk costs $3.50, which is higher than the national average of $3.25. A loaf of bread costs $2.00, which is also higher than the national average of $1.80.
Utilities are about the same as the national average in Deltaville. Electricity costs $100 per month, which is about the same as the national average of $105 per month. Natural gas costs $60 per month, which is also about the same as the national average of $65 per month.
Overall, the cost of living in Deltaville is slightly higher than the national average. However, there are some ways to save money, such as buying groceries in bulk or shopping around for the best deals on utilities.
X. FAQ about Deltaville, VA real estate
Q: What is the median home price in Deltaville, VA?
A: The median home price in Deltaville, VA is $325,000.
Q: What are the best schools in Deltaville, VA?
A: The best schools in Deltaville, VA are Deltaville Elementary School, Deltaville Middle School, and Deltaville High School.
Q: What are the most popular neighborhoods in Deltaville, VA?
A: The most popular neighborhoods in Deltaville, VA are Riverside, Bayview, and Deltaville Estates.